Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The time has come...

Well guys,
I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to come on my blog and get updates on my life. You mean so much to me, and I pray this will be a good tool to keep ya'll updated on everything.
The LORD has been so faithful to bring me to this point in life. I have seen a pattern with the LORD, in my life. He continually takes me through these waiting periods, I am sure we all experience. Yet, through them I grow so so close to Him and realize He is my first love. He recently brought me out of a waiting period. As some of you may know, I am engaged to Sam. He is in Iraq, right now, and will come home, Lord willing, at the end of October. Please pray for his safety, spiritual encouragement, and opportunity to minister to men.
Lord willing, we will be getting married in November. Then after the wedding, as of right now, we will be heading to HAWAII!! Now for me, that is definitely a change. I have never moved away from home. I did live away from home going to Auburn University, which was a step for me:) I do like to be close to my family and friends. However, that may not be the case with the life I am about to enter. But, I am excited for the change! Most of all, I am so ready to be married to SAM!! He is all I could ever imagine. The LORD has truly done far more abundantly beyond all that I have asked or thought, but its all been from the Power that has worked in Sam and me (Eph. 3:20-21). To GOD be the glory!!

Thank you for your prayers!! Love all of you!!!

5 comments:

  1. that's SO great Dorsey! I'm SO happpy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so happy for ya'll! Welcome to the blogisphere :-) I'll add you to my "blogroll"

    Miss ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dorsey!
    I'm so glad that you have a blog! 1st of all, Congratulations! My mom told me a couple of weeks ago - and I'm so so happy for you. I'll be praying for you guys - especially now while ya'll are apart. I know that God has incredible plans for you in Hawaii - plans that will bring Him such glory! I love your blog. Your heart for the Lord is truly beautiful. I don't know if you have seen pics of my little girl, but they are all over our blog!
    Love you sista-
    -dacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Welcome to the blogging world! Megan told me you started and gave me your link!! I'm so excited and happy for you and Sam! I hope you are enjoying the wedding planning! I know I'm having a blast getting things together for our Vow Renewal! I'll call you soon so we can catch up! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dorsey! I was on Megan's blog and saw your name so I had to click and check it out! As I posted on your Facebook wall, Nick and I are so excited for you guys!!! Nick said "yay for love" when he saw you were engaged, ha ha! Glad to hear everything is going so well. Oh, and I'm so jealous that you are going to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete